King of Kings International Covenant Assembly
The overall mission of King of Kings International Covenant Assembly is to connect “like-spirited” ministries together throughout the world to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
It is also our goal to create a positive atmosphere of camaraderie, fellowship, and unity among Bible-based ministries and to impart the anointing of God that has been abundantly placed on the life of Bishop Will Thornton.
Finally, we want to make our resources available to all Covenant members and to share what God has given us in order to help facilitate the destiny of each member.
The King of Kings International Covenant Assembly is far more than just another organization to belong to. It will bring revival and reformation to you and your congregation. Your membership also will provide a valuable connection with Spirit-filled, anointed men and women around the world. Your connection with them will immeasurably enrich and enhance your ministry – and their association with you will do the same for them.
The Benefits of Apostolic Covering
There is no reason for a church to have an apostolic covering if the church doesn’t benefit from the relationship. If the only one receiving benefits is the apostle, something is wrong. Following are some areas that a church and its leaders should benefit from apostolic covering:
- Counsel – In vision, helping to define it, refine it and articulate it. In doctrine, to help deal with doctrinal issues confronting a church or causing division in the church. In church discipline, this is especially helpful in difficult cases to avoid personal attacks against leadership when a member needs discipline.
- Protection – This is to provide an atmosphere of safety and security for both the pastor and the people. To protect the people- if a leader falls into error or sin or becomes dictatorial, the congregation knows they have someone to appeal to, helping to avoid a church split. To protect the pastor – At times the Pastor needs someone to speak on his behalf. He needs protection against false accusations.
- Accountability – Having apostolic covering gives the pastor someone to be accountable to, someone to talk to, relate to and just sound off to.
- Confirmation – Apostolic covering can be used to confirm and ordain elders and other 5-fold gifts in the church. Having someone else to interview and confirm candidates for ministry can provide an objective view that is often missing in independent churches.
- Encouragement – Visits by apostolic covering can bring encouragement and blessing to a local church.
- Commitment – Apostolic covering doesn’t work unless there is a level of commitment by a pastor and congregation. Every pastor knows the value and importance of commitment in the local church. A level of commitment is needed if you’re going to entrust someone with ministry responsibility in the local church. As an apostolic network we have come to realize that there are some basic commitments a pastor and local church need to make to fully benefit from apostolic oversight:
First, set aside a time to meet with the overseer or attend services that KKICA may conduct throughout the year. This will provide and opportunity:
• To increase vision
• To build relationships
• To encourage fellowship
• To receive teaching and ministry
• To connect with a global vision
• To be personally strengthened and refreshed
Secondly, participate financially – One of the signs that a church is committed to KKICA is regular financial support. As an apostolic ministry we believe that every participating church and ministry should be giving consistently.
Jesus taught that one of the evidences that people were receiving the Word of God was their willingness to support the messengers financially (Matthew 10:5-14).
We are cautious as an apostolic ministry regarding the subject of finances. We know there is much confusion and abuse in this area in the body of Christ.
We believe the laborer is worthy of his wages (1 Tim.5: 18) and that churches receiving ministry from the apostolic ministry should financially support the ministry.
As an International Ministry that is committed to reaching the nations, there are many things that need to be done that will require financial support.
After reading and you are led to join, you may do so by calling office and leaving your mailing address, or mail us a letter, we will send information right back to you how you can connect today:
Ministry Office: (734) 727-2008 or 6375 Inkster Rd, Taylor, MI 48180 USA